U.S. energy facts and "energy independence"

“Regarding foreign oil, it’s worth noting that the senators do not bother to explain how the oil that comes from such notoriously belligerent terrorist havens as Canada and Mexico – which together provide nearly 30% of US oil imports – poses a threat to American security.  …

According to the Energy Information Administration, just 18% of our oil imports come from the Persian Gulf.

The US produces 74% of all the energy it consumes. The remaining 26% (almost all of which is oil) is imported. And as stated above, only 18% of that 26% comes from the Persian Gulf, Thus, just 4.7% of US primary energy comes from the Persian Gulf.”  “The Persistent Delusion of ”Energy Independence”: Despite the Facts, Democrats, Republicans, and the Neoconservatives Continue To Hype Energy Autarky”  [Prior post on the “energy independence” canard here.]

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: